Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Honey Joys!

This recipe is a definite throwback to my childhood. This is a treat that was made, in my family, for bake sales and maybe the odd thing at school where you had to bring a treat to share. I love these, and to proove it I ate four as soon as they were cool enough.
Yes, I know I am crazy - that's a lot of sugar, but they are just so delicious. Make them and you will see what I mean, I bet you won't be able to stop at one!
The original recipes says it makes 24 - yikes, 24, and I doubled the recipe, so I shold have got 48.....instead I made 12 super-sized honey joys. I do feel better saying I ate only 4 (instead of 16). 

Honey Joys
Recipe says it makes 24, but really, I used 2 1/2" cupcake liners and it made 7 super piled-high.
Taken exactly from here at bestrecipes.com (and doubled)

180g butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons honey
8 cups corn flakes

Preheat oven to 300F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake papers.
Melt butter, sugar and honey together in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 3 minutes until mixture is frothy.
Pour oven cornflakes in a bowl and mix well. Working quickly, spoon generaously into cupcake papers. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment