Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Royal Raspberry Tea Cake


How could I resist a name like that? What I was really after was kind of a tea-cakey thing, but with fresh raspberries. I wanted a square that was more like a cake, and this is what I found. I baked one recipe in two long and skinny loaf pans (Bakers Secret pan measures 10" x 3"), which turned out perfectly. I just split the batter and the raspberries between the two, and once it was baked, I split the glaze. Super simple, super easy and super delicious. When you need something sweet really quickly, this is it!



Royal Raspberry Cake
makes 2 


2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups fresh raspberries

1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
4 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


In a bowl, whisk together the first three ingredients; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (this is where I split mine into 2 pans, each measuring 10" x 3" at the base). Sprinkle berries over top.


Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center of cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over cake, leaving berries exposed. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment